During this Ramadan @muslimreadathon over on Twitter and Instagram has set up a photo challenge to help people become more aware of and read books written by Muslim authors. There is one prompt a week and there will be a giveaway too!
So I wanted to share a list of authors with you all to help you get started as I’m sure many of us don’t know many books written by Muslim authors. Some have written fiction, some non-fiction and some have written both.
These authors have written fiction books:
1) Na’ima B Robert – she has several books my favourite is She Wore Red Trainers.
2) G. Willow Wilson – also has several fiction books, among them one is called Alif the Unseen
3) Jamilah Kolocotronis – wrote the Echoes series, a 5 book series which is a favourite of mine.
4) Shelina Zafra Janmohammed – Love in a headscarf
5) Tahereh Mafi – Shatter me series, it’s also being made into a tv series and there will be 3 more books coming out
6) Sabaa Tahir – An Ember in the Ashes series, the first two are out at the moment
7) Khalid Hosseini – The Kite Runner, A Thousand Splendid Suns and And the Mountains Echoed
8) Hend Hegazi – Normal Calm
9) Aisha Saeed – Written in the Stars
10) Ayisha Malik – Sofia Khan is not Obliged
11) Karuna Riazi – The Gauntlet
12) S.K. Ali – Saints and Misfits
These are authors who have written non-fiction books
1) Yasmin Mogahed – Reclaim Your Heart
2) Mohammad Faris – The Productive Muslim
3) Hesham Al-Awadi – Muhammad: How he can make you Extraordinary
4) Saifur Rahman Mubarakpuri – When the Moon Split
5) Mohammad Akram Ghadanfar – Great Women of Islam
6) Mohammad Akram Nadwi – Al-Muhaddithaat: The Women Scholars in Islam
7) Nouman Ali Khan – Revive your Heart
8) Na’ima B Robert – From my sisters lips
Hope you find this helpful. Some of these are among my favourite books! Hope you enjoy reading them.
If you have any questions please message me or find me on Instagram @thetsundokuchronicles