So my lovely sister has nominated me for the Liebster award. So surprising as I’ve not been blogging long and wasn’t really expecting it. Please do check out her blog. Here’s the link https://theindianrevertedmuslimah.wordpress.com
The Official Rules Of The Liebster Award
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you:
1. thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2. display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
3. answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
4. provide 11 random facts about yourself.
5. nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
6. create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
7. list these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
8. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)
Okay so my lovely sister asked these questions which I now need to answer so here goes…
1. The one thing you wish to achieve in your life? What is stopping you from getting it?
Well my passion well and truly is studying, yes lol studying. I have especially grown to love studying about Islam and what I would love nothing more is to spend time really studying, attending a structured full time class, maybe even doing BA in islamic studies or something. But at the moment it isn’t possible for me to study full time, my husband is about to start university and I want to fully support him and make it as easy as possible for him to be able to complete his degree. Once he graduates then inshaAllah I can return to university or attend a full time course studing about our deen. For now I attend evening and weekend classes.
2. Who is the person closest to your heart and what is the one quality in him/her that you love most?
Without a doubt it’s my cousin brother Rayyan, he’s 7 years old now but ever since he was born I loved him like my little brother. Leaving him to move to London when I got married was harder than leaving the rest of my family, it’s him that I miss most often. The thing I love about him most is his curiosity especially about Islam. He loves to listen to Quran stories and always asks loads of questions about Allah and our deen and they’re not just any questions they’re really deep thought provoking questions.
3. One skill you wish you had and one thing you already have in yourself that you are proud of.
Hmm that’s a hard one lol well I know I wish I had more patience as I’m quite short tempered. If I’m tired then I can snap easily especially at my husband. And I think what I do have is determination. I am one of those people that when I want to achieve something I will put my absolute best effort into it. I don’t believe in just maybe giving it a go, if I want to do something I will try my best so whether I achieve it or not I know that at least I tried my best and I won’t have any regrets. I am glad I’m like this as alhamdulillah it has help me achieve a lot over the years.
4. Do you consider yourself spiritual, moderately spiritual or not spiritual?
Hmm well I would say that I try to practice Islam as much as I can but my knowledge is limited so I try and do as much as I can to the best of my knowledge. I think over the years especially when I started university I began practicing more.
5. Your favourite blogger and why?
Well I don’t think I have a favourite blogger yet as I’ve only recently started blogging on WordPress and I haven’t had a chance to really look through many blogs. But I do love my sisters blog, I love the flip side stories they’re so interesting and although they’re fictional they could just as easily be true which is what I love best about them.
6. One thing about your country that you would like to change.
Well that’s easy, change how the media works! It should be illegal to spread lies and exaggerate stories and they have to post real news and not just gossip about celebrities. I hate gossip and slander more than anything else.
7. Your thought of an ideal life in this dunya.
Well actually Boona Mohammad’s spoken word called back to the future describes it perfectly. You can listen to it here:
But aside from that if life could be exactly how I wanted I would spend it studying the deen and then inshaAllah teaching my children. I would love to be attending classes with my husband and living in sukoon inshaAllah.
8. Would you forgive someone who immense hurt you in exchange for him/her being your neighbour in Jannah?
Hmm that’s a really difficult one, I think I could forgive them eventually but I don’t think I could forget what they did. It’s something that makes it difficult for me to forgive someone who has really deeply hurt me. But inshaAllah once we’re in Jannah it will all be forgotten anyways.
9. Three most beautiful names you heard.
That is so difficult I love so many names! I guess if I had to pick it would be Hafsah, Ruqayyah, Khadijah.
10. What is the genre you like to read?
I grew up loving fantasy books, but the last few years I discovered islamic fiction and I’m in love with it.
11. The one question you hate answering.
The question I hate to answer most of all is…so, can you tell me something about yourself…I absolutely hate it, it’s so vague and I have no idea what they would actually want to know!
So that’s all the questions answered! Okay so now I need to tell you some random facts about myself, so here you go…
- Hardly any pronounces my name right initially, Naleem is the most common “name” I’m called.
- I’m the oldest of 5 sisters, yup no brothers!
- I’m a complete bookworm! I could spend the whole day reading if I had time.
- I’m sure I have ocd when it comes to keeping things organised. Everything has to be kept in its specific place or it drives me crazy!
- I hate cooking lol I only cook now because I have to lol
- Even though I hate to cook I actually love to bake, trust me they’re different lol
- I love banoffee pie, actually everything banoffee flavour lol
- I got married almost 9 months ago, time flies!
- My little cousin Rayyan (he’s 7) hated my husband for “stealing” me and he wouldn’t talk to my husband for months after we got married.
- I have a really bad addiction, accessorize bags!
- Lastly, I think everyone should know that despite being married, me and my husband are the biggest kids ever!
So my list of questions are for you all to answer inshaAllah
1. What inspired you to start blogging?
2. What’s your favourite quote/saying?
3. What is your favourite book?
4. And why?
5. What is the one thing you would love to do/achieve?
6. Where would you love to travel to?
7. What is your dream career?
8. What is your favourite subject? What do you love to study or learn about?
9. Who inspires you?
10. What is your favourite food?
Okay so the blogs I nominate are:
If you do accept please do let me know inshaAllah I would love to read yours! 🙂